Friday, October 12, 2012

Stop. Breathe.

The last month since school as school has started was HECTIC. I hit grade 12 running - with everything carried on from grade 11 as well as balancing school. I haven't even started University applications yet and it's about that time...

I'm not saying the workload has lowered because it definitely hasn't. But now that we're all 'settled in' and going at a constant pace, it's time to start breathing again.

-Encounter 64 is in just three weeks. It's an incredible experience to prepare for a VC Encounter, but it's also loads and loads of work. I don't mind the work, it's fun work, but every ounce of my free time is spent on E64, preparing everything, making sure everything is ready. We're far from ready, that's for sure - there's still quite a bit of work to do but now that a big chunk of it is done, there's a little bit of time to breathe.
-Yearbook is kicking off and we're already off to a great start - slow, but great start. And as I said, once the ball is rolling, everything is much easier. Much easier. First deadline is in three weeks though and it's time to hurry.
-Being Edmundian president also requires a lot of organizational skill - and that's been going fine as well.
-University Applications should be started soon. Early application deadlines near - and that's just the start of it.
-Youth Ministry and Liturgy Choir (I got a solo - yippee!!) continue to be on my schedule as well.

And let's not forget school - the last year of high school is important, and once that realization kicks in you just feel so much more pressure. So in the crazy whirlwind of the past five or six weeks I've managed to juggle all of this. Not to brag of course: just that people who were trying to get to talk to me or get me to do other things just couldn't reach me.

But really taking the time out of this crazy whirlwind and just listening to some music, and taking the time to write a blog post, is important. A runner can't run run run run run all the time, they've got to take a break too. And this is a break - I guess this is God's way of saying stop. Breathe. Sometimes when you're caught up with this workload you really forget to do that - and yet that's so important.

So as I continue back into the whirlwind (it will all relatively calm down after Encounter is over - I'm sure of it. I love Encounter, but it's a lot of work), let's not forget to breathe. Let's not forget to just rest sometimes, turn up the radio or open iTunes, and just relax. Because when you're too stressed, you explode. Not literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment