Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The effect four of the five monsters has on me...

Oh, the strength to persevere when you are that close to finishing should be so easy that it propels you to the finish line. But actually, I find that it's quite the opposite during this horrid exam week. Let's use the analogy I've been using this entire past two weeks...

A large, golden stadium lays out in front of me. Five beasts are trapped; ranging in different forms like dragons, bears, and large canines - stand in cages. Every time a beast is released, I have two hours to fight it; then I am not allowed to touch it again. I am allowed to stop fighting the beast after one hour if I  feel that it is already injured or dead so it doesn't hurt me. 


Day 1 - a canine-ish creature is released. This one's named English. I quickly tackle it and watch it sprawl unconscious after the two hours. It still squirms to this day - I am not sure if it is dead.


Day 2 - two monsters are released today, but not a surprise. The first, a tiny feline-type creature, called French (it likes its alternate name Français much more) I am able to out manoeuvre and kill in one hour and ten minutes. I lose a minuscule amount of points because there was a flaw in the way I tackled it. I'm not complaining.


Then the dragon - one of the biggest beasts in the Stadium get released in the afternoon. This one calls itself Math 12: the twelfth in a long line of monsters that have all been slaughtered. I manage to fight it, but injure myself and fall significantly to knock it down. It was my least successful battle (to date).


Day 3 - today. A large snake like creature, smaller than the dragon - gets released. This one calls itself Physics (it also likes to be called PH11... but that's a mouthful) I spend one hour and fifty five minutes trying to get a hand on it - and manage to - and it lays unconscious on the ground. Its results are to be announced.


Day 4 - the last day. In two days the last of the five creatures will be released. It's name is Chemistry (nickname Chem) - it is not as big as the previous two day's creatures... but still seems daunting. Tomorrow I will train to fight it. If I am able to successfully strangle this monster as well, I will be able to exit the Stadium and enter the Realm that is known as Summer Break.


To be continued...

Anyways, that was a very descriptive analogy of my Exam Week so far. I feel so tired and drained and I feel like I want to give up. (In all honestly, I actually do feel like I have been fighting four monsters right now - any of you ready fantasy novels?) I need to review a lot tomorrow. But the last stretch is so close. So close.

No comments:

Post a Comment