So... I haven't written a blog post in a while.. and actually, coincidentally enough, I've been procrastinating a blog post as well :P
In all seriousness, I'm in the middle of exam week right now, and I've been especially busy these past couple weeks because I've already started a lot of things at school that will be picked up next year. Most of this work includes Yearbook, the Edmundian Association (VC's service group) and even a little Liturgy Choir stuff too. Next year's my Senior Year (do we call it that in Canada? Not sure...) and I want to make it count. I'm looking very forward to it.
But of course, grade twelve comes in one package: and that package includes exams. Yes, I'm not the type to actually prepare weeks in advance for exams. I usually find that if I paid attention in class and did my homework, one day of review (usually the day before) is enough for me to get a decent grade on it.
But how much of a day is a day? One of my largest weaknesses is... of course, PROCRASTINATION. I get easily distracted, and obviously studying isn't as fun as you know... doing other things. YouTube, Facebook, things like that. (Believe me, for January exams, I was stuck watching Ellen all day... and now in June I got caught up watching Pokémon opening videos. They're actually incredibly interesting, as boring as it sounds).
I'm going to insert a Catholic reference here. Doesn't the devil also work by procrastination? Later turns to much later. And then much later turns to never. Procrastination stops us from doing many of the things that we COULD do... if we do it now. And we get more done as well. Being unproductive and wasting time is Satan's way of causing us to not do the things we NEED to do.
So. I have a Physics and Chemistry exam this week that I should start studying for. NOW.
No comments:
Post a Comment