Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Singing and music...

A random reflection on music and singing...

But before that... I think it's pretty fun coming up with arrangements on the piano for my favorite Christian songs. I've made a couple arrangements, but of course I didn't write any of them down. For some reason, I really don't like writing the little notes on the staff... LOL. I've done arrangements for "Your Love is Extravagant", "Heart of Worship", "Everything is Yours (Audrey Assad)", "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever", and "Jesus My Everything", the best of my arrangements being "Your Love is Extravagant." I'm thinking of posting these arrangements on my piano covers and singing covers account, tacevangelist (nothing there yet...) When I do make sure you guys tell me what you think! All of the arrangements are in C =D

Now the reflection.

To me, music has a way of expressing meanings and feelings that sometimes, cannot be expressed through words. Music can convey a feeling, and even someone who does not understand the language of the lyrics, they can still have a feel a feeling through the melody of the song; sad, happy, angry, joyful.

Singing makes me feel free, when I sing I escape to a world where there are only the lyrics, and in the case of Christian music, God. Singing makes me feel good and free.

I love music. Thank the Lord for music!

From your prospective singer/songwriter; until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment