YouthLeader has been such an amazing experience, that I can’t even begin to describe even half of it. I guess a good place to start (or talk about) are my favorite experiences or events.
The meals were amazing, totally appreciate the awesome cooks who work so hard so we can fill our bellies… to that I’m truly grateful. The meals were delicious by the way! There were many choices of food every meal so that we can definitely have something we like. Oh, and don’t forget the unique graces!!!
Another of my favorite parts of YouthLeader are the people. At first, I thought there’ll be like a million people, but it turned out there were only forty-seven people, so a small group is a perfect way to start getting to meet new people. The best part is that we all have one thing in common – GOD! To God I am truly grateful for all the people here. They are all so nice… and basically you can talk to anyone and you’re bound to get smiles and laughs. It was especially interesting to learn about where everyone was from.
A challenging experience I had was leading the night social with five people on Tuesday. A ‘social’ is exactly what it sounds like, playing games and activities to get to know each other. What was crazy was that six people – totally never met each other before – could come together and pull something like this off. Well, I guess if we work together and we have God, amazing things can happen.
Yes, MR. SIU, we did talk about you! We met a couple STA guy/gals and instantly one topic in common: “Do you know Paul – Mr. Siu?” We miss you, oh and the rest of the YMs too.
We are learning tons of stuff here, for example, principle-centered living, proactive leadership, communication skills, and of course, following the most important person in our lives: JESUS (a.k.a. GOD!!!)
Thursday night we had "date night" and that was a kind of interesting thing to do. Basically the girls had to ask a guy out, and since there were more guys than girls some girls had to ask two guys, which was sort of embarrassing? Well, anyways, it was kind of fun and dinner was delicious too. Following that we had the most important celebration in the Catholic faith: Mass. I was reading the first reading, and the Mass went pretty smoothly, considering we only had one hour to prepare it. The most touching part was during the Sign of Peace, when we went around and hugged and shook hands with everyone at YouthLeader. It was so touching and nice!
The last day was also a fun, but sad one. There were email lists floating around, and I was doing a signature sheet. At the end, we "presented" a gift that was given to us that we will try to use for the community, and I gave the gift of joy and enthusiasm. We finished off the last prayer with the presentation of a crucifix for everyone. In the final sign of peace, there was crying, red eyes, hugs, and shaking hands. It was such a touching moment, and we promised each other that we WILL change the world, and we will reunite in the future.
What a great experience. I will always remember such a touching camp that I had shared with 50 other people. Once again, thank you God, for making this experience so much more meaningful and enjoyable.

No comments:
Post a Comment