Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Journey to the Godspell Auditions (1 Day Left!)

I can't believe that tomorrow I'll be embarking on VC's Godspell Auditions. It's so incredible and nerve wracking at the same time. Today I asked another one of my friends to play my audition song, "Beautiful City", on the piano and it was depressingly high. Turns out the Broadway Revival version of the song I've been listening to all this time is actually not the version of the song on the music sheets I was given. And that is the most disheartening thing to hear a day before your audition.

I'll be able to sing the song in falsetto, but the desire to be able to sing it in my normal voice is just so much. Sadly, it can't be done and I'm certainly not in a position to be looking foolish in such an important audition.

So, I'm sleeping earlier tonight, getting some good rest, and prepping my voice tomorrow to give an audition that's unforgettable. Whether I'll be able to pull it off... only time can tell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment