Monday, September 27, 2010

Glee and Grease.

YESS!!! I am now officially a Gleek. =D I started watching Glee online on Saturday, and I am very impressed at the storyline as well as the talent of the actors. I love watching a good drama or series =D It is very good... currently on episode 6 on season 1, so I have lots to catch up with before I get to watch season 2 on TV right now. Here's a Gleeky picture I made on Microsoft Word.

Here's my gleeky picture!

My audition for Grease went ok today too, here's basically what happened:

I fix my hair one last time, take a deep breath, say a prayer, and step into the now empty theater; deserted except for six teachers sitting at a table in the middle of the theater. They looked at me expectantly.
"Thomas!" came the drama department head. "Nice to see you."
I make my way down the steps - only took a couple seconds, but seemed like hours. I shivered and shook as I descended, one step after another. The time was coming up.
The teachers make comments about the application. Then motion for me to begin.
I announce my monologue's name. And then I began. I did the Grease hair thingy too - they laughed. I forgot my line, sort of.
Continued to blank out many times for a couple milliseconds during the monologue. Finally it was done.
"So what will you be doing for your SOONNNNNGGGG?"
The word. Song. I had to sing. I had almost forgotten that point - I had felt so good after doing the monologue. Now for the deciding point.
I sang "Angels" by David Archuleta, originally by Robbie Williams. When I finished the first sentence I already knew I had something wrong. I had sung too high.
Helplessly I continued singing until I reached the chorus. The notes started to rise - I struggled to keep on tune. My drama teacher mouth-ing along at the table.
Off-tune. Couldn't reach half the notes in the chorus.
After I had finished they told me good job, and that results would be next week or something like that (I was too shaken up to hear)
Shakily I left the theater.

So that's the story of my audition! Well, that's it for now. See ya later.

1 comment:

  1. starting too high, what a bummer! :P i felt nervous for you while i was reading your story thomas... but hey, good job auditioning, you have more guts than i do! let us know if you get in!

    ReplyDelete